Smith students and faculty thrive on the exceptional library resources and services that lie at the heart of the Smith experience. Join the hundreds of alumnae and other supporters who help maintain the excellence of Smith’s libraries through philanthropy. Below are ways you can support the Libraries.
Select a dollar amount, then choose one of the following funds:
- Friends of the Libraries Membership - Provides annual support for the Libraries and underwrites many initiatives that improve the quality of services and resources provided to students and faculty. For more information, see Friends of the Smith College Libraries.
- Dean of Libraries Innovation Fund - Helps the Libraries respond nimbly to new technologies, evolving curricula and service models.
- Special Collections Fund - Smith College Special Collections is actively seeking programmatic support. To explore unique funding opportunities for Smith College Special Collections development priorities see Support Special Collections.
- Friends of the Libraries Endowed Fund - Helps preserve the long term vitality of the Libraries.
- Special Instructions - Enter the fund of your choice and any other instructions relevant to your gift.
Note: If you would prefer to send a check, please make it out to Smith College with the name of the fund on the memo line and mail it to: Smith College Gift Accounting Office, 76 Elm Street, Smith College, Northampton, MA 01063. Gifts of securities may be made by calling 800-526-2023. Direct queries about library gifts to Mary Irwin, Libraries Development Officer, 413-585- 2903 or email@example.com.
With matching gifts, it is possible to double, triple, or even quadruple your impact. Find out here if your company matches employee charitable contributions.
Library endowments provide a steady stream of income that protects the Smith Libraries in variable economic times. Library endowments provide critical funds as well as honor Smith alumnae and friends. To learn about specific library needs and how to create an endowment contact the Libraries Development Officer, Mary Irwin, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Planned gifts can be of enormous benefit by ensuring the future well-being of the Libraries with built-in benefits for you and your family. Smith College planned givingstaff will be pleased to provide you with information about and support in making a bequest, charitable gift annuity, or charitable trust.
Gifts of Materials
The Libraries are not able to accept gifts or donations for the general collection at this time. Faculty and students interested in making requests or suggestions for purchase may consult the information on ordering library materials.
If you are considering a gift of materials to Special Collections, please review the Collection Development Strategy prior to contacting the appropriate curator below:
|Special Collections Repository
Alternative Destinations for Your Gift
If the Smith College Libraries decline your gift, here are some suggestions for selling or donating your materials:
All gifts to the Smith College Libraries are tax-deductible to the extent allowed by the law.
Tax Information for Donors of Materials
Upon request, Smith College Libraries will provide a written acknowledgment to verify donations. For information about tax treatment of your donation, please consult with a qualified tax professional or the Internal Revenue Service.
To find an appraiser consult one of these resources: